Refer a Patient
Request a Case Study Review
Connect With Us to request a case study review. If you are uncertain whether or not to refer a patient or have questions regarding care for a patient, please do not hesitate to contact PC Project. We will ask for photos and other case information. We will arrange a telephone consultation and/or web meeting to review the case with our PC Genetics Team and other PC specialists available through our Medical and Scientific Advisory Board members and the members of the International PC Consortium (IPCC).
All services, including genetic testing, are provided at no cost to patients in the patient registry
Refer a Patient
Connect With Us to refer a patient. A physician, other medical professional, family member or friend may refer patients to the IPCRR for free genetic testing and all other support services provided to IPCRR participants. The IRB-approved protocol steps for the IPCRR are:
- PC Project conducts a telephone evaluation based on the available information. This ensures that the individual is a candidate for the IPCRR.
- When the Consent Form, Questionnaire and photos are received, PC Project arranges a telephone consultation for the patient with one of the qualified dermatologists working with PC Project who specialize in PC. The referring physician may also join the telephone consultation.
- Based on the consultation, the PC dermatologist will decide whether or not to refer for genetic testing based on the available information.
- PC Project will contact the patient and either provide the saliva sample collection kit for genetic testing or refer the patient as advised in the physician consultation notes.
- After the initial genetic testing results are received, PC Project will provide a mouth swab kit for a confirming test by a CLIA laboratory (as required by US law before releasing results to the patient).
- A full written report will be provided to the patient and to the referring physician authorized by the patient.
- The referring physician will be referenced in any publications involving the case.